Friday, August 28, 2009

Gowf Chronicles 8/27/09

Played nine holes on a local course. Played horribly, but I still have beginner's status to fall back on for consolation. My game is pretty much summed up by "whack, 'dammit', trudge, whack, trudge, whack, 'dammit', trudge." I try not to let the golf spoil the "good walk" and the fun of being with a friend. Nice little course though (in Pelham NH) sort of backwoodsy, obviously a "neighborhood course" if there's such a thing, I'm sure there's a gowfish term for it, there's one for everything else. The fairways were kinda narrow & constricted. I suspect that "it's not an easy course" carried less consolation for me than was intended, but while not terrifically satisfactory as a golf outing, it wasn't the one that will make me decide not to play again. Nor did "the shot that'll bring you back" happen, so next time depends entirely on camaraderie & fellowship, I guess. That's strong enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - I'm delighted you've been inspired to contribute. Please don't post commercial links though.