Sunday, March 11, 2007

OK, it may be indicative of my demographic

but the channels I tend to watch on TV also are the channels that are full of ads about reverse mortgages, and hair restoration, and erectile dysfunction drugs (whatta frickin' euphemism.) So there's one "ED" drug that keeps showing a couple of (attractive) old farts about to get laid when the grandkids show up, yatta yatta, gotta wait, etc. And - here's what puzzles me - after the grandkids and their annoying parents leave, the horny old farts, instead of getting nekkid and getting it on, get in the car, and drive up the coast or into the mountains or wherever, and ride bikes, etc. and - at the end of the commercial - are lying in side-by-side clawfoot cast iron bathtubs gawking off at the sun setting over the ocean. Forgetting the fact that for a large number of us the sun does not SET over the ocean, I have to wonder exactly how horny these old farts were in the first place? Is it just me? Or are these commercials somehow symbolic of something I'm too young (hah!!!) to get yet?

1 comment:

  1. So, what you're saying is that you've never sat stream side in matching bathtubs and masturbated in unison?

    ReplyDelete

Hi - I'm delighted you've been inspired to contribute. Please don't post commercial links though.