Saturday, February 10, 2007

It has occurred to me, just today

that if you're a "glass-half-empty" person, it doesn't matter what's in the "half-full" part of the glass. In other words, if you're focusing on the empty part, you don't even know (much less care) whether the bottom of the glass contains Napoleon brandy or canal water.

Furthermore, the "glass-half-full" person has to get through half of an empty glass to get to whatever-it-is that the glass is half full of.

I don't know what this means, but - as Lord Peter Wimsey (or Bertie Wooster, I suppose) might have observed, "Interestin', what?"

1 comment:

  1. A very wise person recently pointed out to me that no matter whether the glass is half full or half empty, there are several questions that need to be answered:

    1. Is it good whiskey?
    2. Will it remain half full (or half empty) if I drink from it?
    3. If it's urine, whose is it? (That is not really THAT important)
    3. If it IS urine, who drank my whiskey?
    4. If it isn't whiskey, why isn't it whiskey?
    5. Who decided that a half glass of whiskey was a good idea?
    6. Did someone already drink half of my whiskey?
    7. Who?

    ...usw

    ReplyDelete

Hi - I'm delighted you've been inspired to contribute. Please don't post commercial links though.