Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Well damn, once again

Just found out Arlo Guthrie's wife died the other day, cancer of some ilk. I've always felt a kinship with Arlo for some reason, don't know exactly why, other than that we're roughly the same age (he's about 8 months younger) and I'm very fond of a lot of his music and I think he's got a terrific sense of humor. He also seems to have dealt with the specter of possible Huntington's Chorea rather intelligently, by refusing to live his life for the future but instead living it in the here & now, all the time, apparently. There's a note on his wife's passing on his website that stresses that philosophy. I feel sad for Arlo (it was a very long marriage), but I also admire the way he (seemingly) deals with the events of his life, one at a time, here & now, then move on. Much to admire in the guy, I think, and he has my sympathy for his loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - I'm delighted you've been inspired to contribute. Please don't post commercial links though.