Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dream Journal 3/16/2010

So I was off in the hinterlands somewhere, driving a '72 Datsun that we used to own, that we bought for $200 from my sister (it was cheap because she got upset when the engine quit in right-hand turns).

I dunno why I was off where I was, but it seemed to be on some sort of business. I'd been there a few days and had to leave the tired old Datsun parked on a country road.

Getting ready to head back, I called home because there was a local eatery that was famous for its wieners & sauerkraut - it was in a barn. A real barn, not a kitschy kit-building made to look like a barn. I think it was named "Ray's."

Anyway I called home and for sure I was to bring home a bunch of weenies & a ton of kraut. On returning to the poor old Datsun in its roadside berth I discovered that the glass in the driver's door was shattered. Worse, on inspecting the front passenger door, I discovered that it (the whole door) was missing entirely. But it started up ok, so I figured it would get me home. I have NO IDEA how far home was in this dream but it appeared to be a bit of a trek & I was worried about arriving home with the car in such a nasty state.

(Here's where is gets good) - then my dreaming self - the one conscious of the state of things in the dream - realized that the Datsun has been gone from the scene of day-to-day reality for, oh, 30 years or so. So then it realized it was dreaming. Which led to the realization that since it was a dream, the broken window and missing door were ephemera that could simply be realized away. And THEN (the REALLY good part) it - my dreaming self - realized that since it was a dream it could ditch the Datsun altogether and drive home in the Highlander. Which it did. Then I woke up.

Jeezus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi - I'm delighted you've been inspired to contribute. Please don't post commercial links though.